Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hall of Famers

Three-plus weeks in quarantine. What to do? What to do? I know, I can attempt to resuscitate my 4 football card blogs!

I have 9 more teams to post on this 1971 blog, but that can wait for awhile. I needed something more interesting for a comeback post.

These are the 54 Hall of Famers in the 1971 Topps set. There were 261 players (+ two checklists) in the set, but before we decide that a 20% ratio of HOFers is a large chunk, keep in mind that before 1973 only the top 8 to 10 players on each team had a card anyway.


Re-cap: 
6 - Chiefs (way to matriculate into Canton, fellas!)
4 - Dolphins, Raiders, Rams
3 - Cardinals, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Redskins, Vikings
2 - Bears, Browns, Colts, 49ers, Jets, Steelers
1 - Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Falcons, Giants, Oilers
0 - Bengals, Eagles, Patriots, Saints

1 comment:

bbcardz said...

Love these cards! I'm just a handful away from completing this set.